Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some Semblance of Order

Finally. And not a moment too soon.

The illness that pervaded our house for just shy of 2 weeks is finally gone. The move that has taken a full week (including the painting) is finally finished. Hallelujah!!!!

It's been a craaaazy few weeks. The girls are feeling much better. And my kitchen counter no longer looks like the entire children's medicine section at the pharmacy! I am back on my feet as well -- still feeling some of the after effects of being so sick for so long (although I can handle the 10 pounds I lost). Jason, however, has yet to completely catch up on his sleep.

And we are now in our new house. Perhaps I forgot to mention that we moved from a 2-bedroom townhouse on the seminary campus to a 3-bedroom. It's glorious!! However, it did require a few nights of painting. And since Jason didn't have a whole lot of time to devote to a big move, it took the girls & I a whole week of moving one box at a time to get things done. But we're in & loving it!!! The girls' new bedroom is HUGE & accommodates all their many, many toys. Jason & I have an office now where he can do schoolwork & I can work on jewelry & sewing projects. Not to mention that my kitchen & livingroom are enormous!!!!

Things are finally starting to settle down & we can get ourselves back into a routine (which Daylight Savings shot to heck!).

Jason's trying to get caught up on some schoolwork & prepare for his first preaching engagement at our church on Maundy Thursday. And somewhere in the midst of all the madness, he is also hoping to catch up on some much-needed sleep.

The girls & I are enjoying our days in the new house & are looking forward to a shopping trip with Nana on Saturday to get some Easter dresses.

Finally . . . normalcy.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

you should post some pictures of your new house!