Thursday, February 22, 2007

For Those Who Know Them . . .



This post is for all of you who know my children & can properly appreciate their antics.

I know that every parent thinks their own children are so cute & so funny (& that is as it should be). But mine are really hysterical.

Here are a few of the funny things they've been doing & saying lately:

~ Yesterday I asked Caleigh to hop into bed while I fed Peyton & put her to bed. From where I was sitting, I had a clear view of the large open space in Caleigh's room right next to her bed. As I was sitting there, something caused me to look up (call it Mother's Intuition), just in time to see Caleigh flip off of her bed & land on her back on floor. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt ~ just a bit stunned ~ she looked up at me as though confused by what had just transpired & said, "Mommy, I fell off the bed!"

~ During the aforementioned naptime, Caleigh was singing a bit too loudly. After waking her sister for the second time, I went upstairs to tell her to be quiet. What did I find when I got up there?? Caleigh . . . naked. I got her dressed & giggled my way back down the stairs. This morning when I went to get her out of bed, what did I find? Caleigh . . . naked . . . again! I hope this is no indication of her teenage years! ;)

~ The other day Daddy was watching the girls in the playroom ~ Daddy & Caleigh were working on a puzzle & Pey~Pey was in her walker. Caleigh was also snacking on some yogurt. For some reason, Daddy & Caleigh left the room (probably b/c Caleigh had to go potty . . . she's such a big girl), but they had left Pey~Pey & the yogurt behind. By the time they got back into the room, Pey~Pey had already seized the opportunity & the yogurt!!!! Hence the pictures.

~ For Christmas, Mimi bought Pey~Pey a cute, little beanbag tiger. There is a story behind it . . . Caleigh & Lauryn have both fallen in love with a beanbag elephant . . . Lauryn's is "Winkie" & Caleigh's is "Buddy." Peyton couldn't be left out of the loop, so Mimi bought Peyton "Lovey." It didn't take any coercion at all for Peyton to fall in love as well!! As soon as she sees Lovey, she nuzzles her face into him with gusto!!! Describing it just doesn't do it justice.

I'm sure there are many more things that are slipping my mind right now. Everyday they come up with some new way to infuriate & amuse me!!!

No comments: