Friday, February 02, 2007

Crisis in the Bathroom!

So, I'm in the bathroom, picking clothes up off the floor, when my hand bumps the basket that holds the girls' bath stuff, & I hear something clatter to the floor. And I think to myself, "Did I just lose an earring? Because surely that would be the only thing that would clatter in such a manner, right?!?" I turn on the light & much to my horror & dismay, there on the floor is the diamond from my engagement ring, complete with prongs still attached!! So then I looked at my hand . . . the ring itself was still there. I wasn't aware that chlorine erodes platinum (or so they said at the jeweler's) -- the crown of my ring had snapped right off!!!!

Now the hubby & I, being true examples of "men are from Mars, women are from Venus," had 2 very different reactions to the incident. I immediately cried out, "OH, NO!!!!!!!!!" and the tears began to roll. He, however, very calmly walked into the bathroom, assessed the situation, & said, "Well, praise the Lord, you didn't lose the diamond." And although my practical side could see that he had a very good point -- at least it happened at home & not when I was out & about running errands -- my sentimental side was crying out, "But it's my ENGAGEMENT RING!!!! (sob) I LOVE this ring!!! (sob, sob) You PROPOSED to me with this ring!!! (sob, sob, sob)"

The good news is that we took the ring to the jeweler's last night & left thinking that it would cost at least $100 to have repaired. When they called me today, they decided to only charge $50. And it will be ready to be picked up on . . . Valentine's Day.



****Potty Training Update: Caleigh is doing a FANTASTIC job. We haven't had more than 1 accident per day all week. And most days, she doesn't have any accidents at all!!! Of course, the incentive that MomMom is going to buy her more outfits for her Snap & Style doll doesn't hurt!!

No comments: