Saturday, February 17, 2007

Date Night

So, last night was date night ~ a sort of belated Valentine's Day celebration. Now why is it that when I actually have the opportunity to go to the movies sans children, there are no good movies playing (yes, I know, "Breach" opened last night, but it wasn't playing at the theater near us)???

We dropped the girls off at MomMom & PopPop's & headed to the mall. And although we were childless, we couldn't help but stop into KayBee Toys ~ they were having a GREAT sale!!!!!

Then it was off to Bath & Body Works (one of my favorite stores)!!! It seems that in the busyness of having kids, Jason & I are often not able to celebrate certain holidays on their exact calendar date ~ but I think we've stumbled onto something . . . everything for Valentine's Day was 50% off!!!! I got 2 cream body washes (Warm Vanilla Sugar & Black Raspberry Vanilla), Jasmine & Vanilla massage oil, Wild Honeysuckle body lotion, & my personal favorite ~ White Cherry Blossom body butter!!!!! We only spend just over $20!! We did so well, I think we're going to celebrate all holidays after the fact!

Then we headed over to Ross to do some clothes shopping. I am currently sporting a new long-sleeved, red t-shirt with a funky owl design on it . . . for the low, low price of $5.29!!

We went to TGIFriday's for dinner . . . which I love, but WAAAAAAY too much food! So I guess I'm having Bruschetta Chicken Parm & Crispy Green Bean Fries for lunch with some Oreo Chocolate Cake for dessert!!! I can hear the pound being added as I type!

Of course, no night out would be completely without coffee. So we found a little place in the mall & indulged in a grande Mocha Hazelnut Latte . . . yuuuuum!!!

But, forsooth, there is no such thing as a night JUST to ourselves, so we ended our evening with a trip to Walmart . . . the dog needed food!

C'est la vie!


{By the way, my prayer warriors, Caleigh's ear surgery is scheduled for March 1st, early in the morning.}

No comments: