Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tahiti -- One Way Please!!

It's been 3 weeks . . . 3 long, arduous weeks . . . 21 seems-like-an-eternity days . . . since I've been outside this house for any reason other than church or errands!! And I think I'm starting to lose my mind!

It began as colds (5 days), which grew into ear infections (5 more days), which grew into ear infections that were not responding to antibiotics (7 more days) . . . okay, Christine -- you say -- check your math because that's only 17 days . . . oh, did I mention we're potty training (4 more days) -- I now spend the better part of my day chained to a plastic potty.

Then add to the mix that I'm exercising. Yes, you read that sentence correctly . . . I, Christine (aka "please pass the chocolate") am exercising. I now look back fondly on the days when I could eat whatever I wanted without a second thought. A blissful, guilt-free existence. But those were the pre-children days. Not only does one's body not go back to what it used to be, but apparently one's metabolism also goes on hiatus. No one told me that. I used to be able to eat an Oreo (or 2 . . . or 10) & not feel it, see it, or even remember it. Now all I have to do is sniff the Oreo & my thighs begin to swell.

So I've foolishly been brainwashed by the theory that the more one exercises, the more energy one has. And I have to be honest with you . . . I'M NOT FEELING IT!!! Although there is a great satisfaction after I'm finished my stint on the treadmill, I'm not so sure that "satisfaction" is converting itself into "energy."

So not only am I housebound, but now I'm tired (read "cranky"). But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Valentine's Day is right around the corner & I'm sure we won't be celebrating the entire holiday at home . . . will we?!?!

No comments: