Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions

The new year is upon us. It seems like just yesterday I was making & breaking my 2006 resolutions. But, alas, hope springs eternal, so here goes . . .

This 2007 year, I resolve . . .

*to be more patient with my children
*to work on some household project 3 afternoons a week
*to read through the entire Bible chronologically
*to eat healthier (notice it does not say "healthy," just "healthier")
*to devote more time & energy to Morgan Marie Designs
*to remind myself everyday that life is more than just checkmarks on a To-Do list . . . that one day I'll blink & my girls will be all grown up & I'll wonder why I didn't laugh more, get down & play on the floor more, dance more, snuggle more, love more, be Mommy more . . .

So far things are going well . . . okay, so I've had to whisper, "Calm down, Christine. It's just Play-Doh" a few times . . . but yesterday some toys found their way into a bag marked for Goodwill (1 project), I pre-cooked all my meals for the month (2 projects), I did 4 loads of laundry (3 projects) . . . I'm up to Genesis 11 . . . I'm munching on honey wheat pretzels . . . I have 3 pages formatted for my new Morgan Marie Designs catalog coming out this spring . . . & I laughed until I almost cried when Caleigh made up a song pledging her eternal devotion to egg salad . . . I rolled on the floor while playing "This Is the Way the Ladies Ride" with Peyton . . . I danced at least 6 times to the theme song for "Dora the Explorer" . . . I nuzzled Pey-Pey's neck as she fell asleep . . . I diapered a stuffed monkey because he needed it to go to Rest Time . . . & as I sit here typing this blog I count my blessings: 1) Caleigh 2) Peyton 3) they belong to me.

Happy New Year!

No comments: