Monday, December 06, 2010

Great Gift Idea


We all have them . . . those people in our lives that we just don't know what to get for Christmas. What to do? Gift card? Socks? Tie?

Well, I found the perfect gift for a few of the ladies in my life. Let me tell you what it is. But first, how I got there . . .

I was surfing Facebook one morning, when a picture caught my eye. It was a profile picture of a girl, wearing a hat with the coolest fabric flower attached to it. The picture belonged to an old friend of mine from high school. Apparently, she was sporting said flower that day & wanted to share the link for the Etsy store where she purchased it. A second thing then caught my eye -- the name of the flower designer . . . Meg Anthony.

"That's funny." I thought to myself. "I went to college with a girl named Megan who was dating a guy with the last name of Anthony." So off I went to check this out. Click.

Sure enough, there was the girl I knew from college -- 1 husband & 3 boys later. First, I checked out her store. Cool, cool, cool!! Fabric flower accessories & belts!! I could almost hear the Sound of Music -- "These are a few of my favorite things . . . " Then I checked out her blog. And I was sold! Not far into Meg's story, I discovered that we share the common pain of miscarriage. And now Meg is making & selling her goods on Etsy to raise money to adopt a daughter from Honduras.

I immediately made a few purchases. Some for Christmas gifts. And some, I admit, for myself. Very chic accessories . . . even better cause.

So check it out:

www.made4adoption.com

I bet you wish you are on my Christmas list, huh!?!


3 comments:

meg anthony said...

Yeah! Thanks so much Christine! Who is your friend from high school? I hope you love all the stuff you ordered! :) My friend, Steph Webster, gave me the heads up that you posted this...

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

I love this gal! I saw her stuff prior to your post! Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

I love the site! And what a great idea! My hubby and I have been talking about adoption and how we're going to afford it for quite some time. Now my wheels are turning once again...