Friday, February 01, 2008

It's not the end, the end of the world . . .

It never happens to me. I don't know why. I'm just not one of those lucky people. When I have a problem or am in need of encouragement, I'm just not one of those people who can randomly open up the Scriptures, close their eyes, point . . . & viola . . . there it is -- the perfect verse with the perfect solution just perfect for the occasion. I just never have those surreal experiences.

Until yesterday . . .

We finally had settlement on our house yesterday. And after 8 months of carrying the burden of an extra residence that came with a mortgage, oil expenses, heat expenses, municipal expenses, & insurance expenses, you would think that I would be elated to be rid of it. But instead, I met the day with very mixed emotions. Although I knew some of the financial freedom this occasion would bring, I was more focused on losing the last thread that connected me to my sense of security. I knew that once the house was gone, there was truly no turning back. I started to reminisce about bringing each of the girls home from the hospital . . . our dog Livvy . . . family dinners . . . birthdays . . . holidays . . . fireplace . . . *sigh*. And then to hear from our buyers all the changes that they were planning to make -- that put me right over the edge.

As we left the meeting, I was pretty teary-eyed. Jason & the girls got into the car & I got into the van & started to drive over to our "celebratory" dinner. I turned on the radio. Now, let me just interject that this NEVER happens to me. On the radio was a Matthew West song & these are the words that greeted me:

It's not the end,
the end of the world.
It's just another day
depending on grace.

Okay, I got it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, yes, grace....what would we do without it? so glad there is plenty to go around, aren't you? love ya
sharon