Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A New Perspective

Thanks for the advice, girls! As I was baking some apple crisp last night in anticipation of Jason coming home from class & needing a snack, it suddenly dawned on me . . . we've only been in seminary for a month! I'm being much too hard on myself. It's okay if I don't have everything flowing perfectly ~ we'll get there. We'll be back to the well-oiled machine we once were in no time (okay, maybe not well-oiled, but at least functional).

I've been reading Ravi Zacharias' book The Grand Weaver. It's a great book, & I am enjoying it. However, I don't think it's giving me the practical advice that I am in such desperate need of right now. But, as my true friends know, I'm a perfectionist . . . every fiber of my being is saying, "You CAN'T start a new book without finishing the old one first!!!!" However, my common sense is going to win this battle. I just started Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life. It was the back of the book that drew me in . . .

"While juggling kids, errands, jobs, relationships, & church activities, many moms don't realize that their value is found not in what they do but in who they are. If this is you, & your energy runs out long before your day comes to an end, then maybe it's time to take a break & breathe."

Hmm . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, breathe. "this is the air I breathe...Your very presence, living in me..." You're on the right path.
Now, take a deep breath - of HIM!
Your ever-lovin' doula