Friday, October 12, 2007

Laundry, Doctor's Appointments, & Unexpected Blessings

So it's Laundry Day here at the OK Corral & I thought maybe I should take a few moments to update my faithful readers on some struggles, some blessings, & some overall musings.

I'm doing laundry fast & furiously today because I have somehow gotten behind on it & I swore I would not let that happen. But, low & behold, as I passed each of the 3 laundry baskets this morning, I couldn't help but noticed they were full to overflowing! But not to worry, things are under control & the 4th load is spinning as I type :)

There have been a few rough days this week. We are still feeling the effects of a complete "life overhaul." For example, in my pre-seminary life I used to meal plan & grocery shop for an entire month at a time. I could do that because our schedule was fairly predictable & we have the financial resources for such an excursion. Having such a plan in place allowed me more free time as I was not running to the grocery store on a weekly basis. However, such is not the case anymore. I'm lucky if I know in the morning what we will have for dinner that evening!! Our financial state is such that I find myself at the market at least 3 times a week! At the market 3 times a week with 2 kids who either have to pee or take a nap long before the trip is over.

I am also starting to feel the true tinyness of our home. When everything is cleaned up & in its proper place, our home feels almost spacious (almost). But as soon as something out of the ordinary is added to the mix (like bins of clothes for the cold weather switch or a bag of stuff for Goodwill or even a new toy), the house seems to shrink by leaps & bounds!! I've been meaning to get out some new fall candles that I have packed away, but that would mean attempting to dig out the candle bin from the bottom of our walk-in closet -- the closet that has become the catch-all for everything that doesn't have an assigned spot. No thanks.

Before we left for seminary, I would have considered myself a very organized mom. A place for everything & everything in its place. But our current situation is truly putting my organizational skills to the test. It is a struggle everyday to arrange things so that we are not tripping over each other all day long!

But through it all, we are also experiencing the amazing effects of God working miracles everyday on our behalf. Here's just a small example -- the girls have their health insurance through the state. A woman from the Department of Welfare called me up & told me that I needed to chose a primary care physician. She read off a list of names & asked me to pick one. I had absolutely no information about any of these doctors! I breathed a quick prayer asking God to help me pick the right one. So on Tuesday, we headed off to the mysterious Dr. G.'s office. It turns out that the office is a Christian-run practice & all the doctors are believers!!! I could not have asked for more!

And that's just me. Jason is experiencing his own set of trials. He is feeling very overwhelmed by all the work that is coming up in the next few weeks. Seminary would be a lot easier for him without a wife & 2 kids. But God called us here at this time in our lives for a purpose. We are just trying not to "grow weary in well-doing."

1 comment:

Heather Rose said...

My dear friends Christine and Jason,

My prayers are ever faithful for you and my precious Caleigh and Peyton as always. You have been an encouragement to me now allow me to be an encouragement to you

I Corinthians 10:13
"God will not give you anything you cannot handle" His grace is always available to you.
God calls you to "Come unto me all you who are weak and heavy ladden and I will give you rest"
Cry out for His strength my friends when you can do nothing more than that "CRY"

Love you my friends!
Heather Bee