Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sacred Daylight Savings & My Sacreligious Child

I LOVE changing the clocks!! I remember, pre-children, I lived for "falling back." I would wake up on a frosty October morning & think to myself, "It's probably around eight o'clock. I'd better get up, get moving." And then I would roll over, peek at the alarm clock & realize, much to my delight, that it was only seven o'clock!!!! A whole extra hour of sleep . . . what could be better!!!

Forsooth, that was not the scene this morning. Somewhere around 6:30 am, I awoke to my 2-year-olds rendition of the Veggie Tales theme song. Was it coming over her monitor?? Wow, those monitors have a really clear sound . . . oh, wait . . . no, it's coming from the pillow next to me . . . SHE'S IN MY BED!!! AT 6:30!!!! Where is the reverence??

No comments: