Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm a little clay pot...

Dust of the earth, mixed with water, fashioned by the Master's skilled hands. That's what we are, clay pots. Some of us are still on the wheel, learning from His hand. Some are in the fire, gaining the strength needed to fulfill our purpose. Some are broken, waiting to be shaped again. Wherever we are, we have a purpose. The Potter does not make useless pieces. He has a design and purpose for each lump of clay.
Back when I was nothing more than a mound of mud, I remember asking the Potter what He was making (Is. 45:9). The blows used to shape me seemed a little extreme. The heat used to fire me seemed a little hot. I quarreled with my Maker, wondering if He knew what He was doing. I trusted His skill but doubted my usefulness.
Looking back, I see that the process was necessary for this treasure-holding jar of clay as it shows the "all surpassing power is from God and not from us" (2 Cor.4:7). He made no mistakes. I did, but He didn't. I was being made into a vessel for the Lord's work (as we all are). The events and the questions in my life are being answered as I see the Lord's purpose in making me. He is calling this pot to full-time ministry. I cannot fulfill the duties of another jar. The Potter has made me for this use.

I am so excited to see what the Lord will do with this family. God has blessed me with victories and failures, pains and pleasures, trials and blessings. All of which have been used to shape me.

Speaking of blessings, I would like to give a public and heart felt "thank you" to the beautiful pot beside me. She has, and will always be, such an encouragement to me. When my eyes of faith dim she lends me hers in order to give me the boost I need to continue on this "Great Adventure." I would not dare venture anything this faith-stretching with anyone else. I love you, Babydoll.

With all that said, I hope this blog will encourage you as you share in our joys and struggles, and I pray it will give you the strength to sit patiently on the wheel, to endure the flame, or to accept the repair.

May these words be a public testimony to the Lord's faithfulness and provision for His precious clay pots!

No comments: