Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Careful What You Wish For




So . . . I came home from Caleigh's ballet class on Saturday morning feeling completely overwhelmed!! After my whirlwind 4-day trip to Maine & the immediate get-back-to-real-life-no-breaks-allowed days that followed (which included the death of my aunt & speaking in church on the topic of miscarriage), I was exhausted, the house was in shambles, & many of my church-related responsibilities had fallen by the wayside.

I cried the blues to my husband, who had his own plate piled high with responsibility. I needed a break. I needed to get things done. I needed to play catch-up with many things. I needed a duty-free, phonecall-free, restore order day!

No sooner had those words of complaint left my mouth, then Caleigh came down with a fever.

Now, let me add this disclaimer: I am in NO way a sadist who enjoys seeing her children sick. However, I have to appreciate God's way of making me take the time I so desperately needed to get things done that I'm sure He knew I would not take on my own.

We are now on our 4th straight day of being at home. Caleigh has been fever-free for the last 5 hours :)

As for me, I have played catch-up & it feels good. In fact, it feels so good that I think we are going to spend another quiet evening here at home making cinnamon ornaments (at the suggestion of a friend).

I love blessings in disguise!

1 comment:

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

So great to see you writing again! I love, love, love your new set up for your blog! I agree whole heartily that God does bring blessings in disguise. Keep up the writing!