Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Losing Focus

I learned this week how easy it is to lose focus. Just one small shift & you lose all perspective. Just one small shift & disappointment has plenty of room to settle in.

I learned this week that I need to constantly check my intentions. Do I do what I do for the praise of men? Or do I do what I do for the praise of the King?

My wonderful husband brought this verse to my attention:

"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on ________."


Perhaps you know the way that verse should end. But my husband gently reminded me that I had been filling that blank with all sorts of things. And when things didn't work out exactly the way I told God they should, holy disappointment!

So here I am re-focusing. Amazing . . . it takes a lot more work to get that shift back then it did to let it slip.

"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on YOU."

1 comment:

mrsforeman said...

Cleared up?
Praying for you!
Love ya!