Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Writing on the Wall


Yestereday was a busy day -- we've all had them -- there are bills to be paid, phonecalls to be made, online shopping to be done, & TONS of cleaning for the guests you are expecting tomorrow. And, of course, Caleigh was playing quietly, by herself, like a little angel. She headed up the stairs to her bedroom, & I thought perhaps I should follow, just to make sure that everything was okay -- she was happily playing with her Little People & the dog. So I went back to my work. About 10 minutes later, up the stairs I went again to let her know that it was Rest Time. She looked at me with those big, blue eyes & pleaded, "No Rest Time -- I play wif Wivvy." Okay, I admit, I'm a sucker for her! I told her I would set the timer for Rest Time & back to work I went. After about 10 more minutes, I noticed that things were unusually quiet upstairs . . . perhaps I should go check this out. By the time I crested the stairs, Caleigh was standing there with an open bottle of Peyton's gas relief drops. "Did you eat this??????" I asked in disbelief. "Uh huh . . . I take medcine," was the reply. As I cleaned up the mess & tried to hypothesize as to what could possible happen to her body after taking that much gas relief medicine (granted, the girl won't "fluffer" for a year), that when I saw IT. "IT" would be a long streak of blue pen across Peyton's bedroom wall . . . & that streak led to another streak . . . which led to another streak. And then I noticed the pattern. Caleigh was trying to color in all the polka dots on Peyton's wall!!!!!!!!!! I'm telling you . . . if she wasn't so cute . . . TO THE MOON!!!

No comments: