Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Holidays!!!

The holidays are upon us in full force! "How do I know this," you ask? Because I was among the ready-to-be-committed people who braved Target's toy aisles on Saturday night (not to mention the Target parking lot)!! Talk about taking your life into your own hands . . . but far crazier than that were the certifiably INSANE individuals who were lining up outside the store for the new Wii products. That's right, I said OUTSIDE (chilly . . . but if you've been keeping up with my blogs, you know that I fully acknowlege that electronic junkies are a whole different breed). But despite all the hustle & bustle (and pushing & shoving & cursing & swearing & charging & crying), our trip was quite successful. Does anyone else out there have a hard time restraining themselves when it comes to buying for their kids?? Off to the POOR HOUSE!!!

But far better than the shopping & the wrapping was the hour that I spent with Caleigh making Christmas cookies . . . and after 2 days of shopping (& spending) it was a much-needed, quiet break. Daddy was outside, Pey-Pey was sleeping, & "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" was wafting quietly into the kitchen. Granted, if you look closely at our cookies, you will also see a Christmas chicken & a Christmas bunny (????) not to mention the biscuit-cutter cookies that Caleigh insists are pies.

But along with the joy of the holidays, comes the insane busyness of the season. Shopping, family gatherings, wrapping, more family gatherings, church services, and even MORE family gatherings! Trust me, I sympathize. I was even so bold (or should I say NUTS as to add my wedding anniversary to the mayhem -- December 22nd -- Happy Anniversary, Honey). But wherever this blog may find you . . . finished with your shopping, finished with your wrapping, fully decorated, humming "Let It Snow" as you merrily put the last festive sprinkle on those sugar cookies -- OR -- haven't even started shopping, much less wrapped anything, who needs decorations, Bah Humbug!!!! -- a very Merry Christmas to you & yours from me & mine!


No comments: