Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Too Cute!!


Well over a month ago, Caleigh & I carved our first pumpkin together. We had a fabulous time!! She got to pick out the expression that our pumpkin would wear & true to her personality, she chose a gigantic smile for our pumpkin. Therefore, whenever we would venture onto the porch, she would exclaim, "Look ~ happy punkum!" As the weeks of this fall season have worn on, our "happy punkum" has rotted . . . & I mean rotted! At first it just looked like an old man who forgot to put in his dentures, but then it really got ugly . . . completely fallen over, moldy, rather frightening. But I just couldn't throw it out. Every time we'd walk out onto the porch, she would greet our "happy punkum."

And then the other day, we headed out onto the porch on our way to the car. I fully expected to hear my 2-year-old's gleeful little voice greeting our orange friend. But instead I heard, "Ohhh, poor punkum!" I guess it's time to throw our friend away.

No comments: