Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to me . . .

Okay . . . I'm ready to admit it. I'm turning thirty. I said I was ready to admit it, I'm just not ready to embrace it! I don't know why this is so difficult. I think that perhaps for the last 10 years, I've been able to say that I'm in my twenties -- but no one needed to know which end of the twenties I was in! But 30 is a whole new ballgame.

However, my dear sweet husband is doing everything he can to help soften the blow. On Saturday night, I was whisked away (in some brand new duds, might I add) to see Cirque du Soleil's Delirium show . . . something I have wanted to see for years!!! It was absolutely incredible! The only bad thing I can find to say about it is that it was too short!! I could have sat there, mesmerized, all night. When the performers took the stage for the grand finale I wasn't ready for it to end. Of course, the uncultured observers in the row behind us were disappointed before the show even began . . . they didn't realize that Cirque du Soleil wasn't your garden-variety circus with clowns & big top animals. {Someone please explain to me why you would spend all that money on tickets & not bother to google the show to see what you're in for?}

Anyway . . . I have a few more days to bask in my twenty-somethingness. The 3rd decade comes with Thanksgiving. Yes, that's right, I was born on Turkey Day . . . gobble, gobble.

And by the way, for those of you who are keeping in step with the "Great Adventure," Jason's officially been accepted to PBU!

No comments: