Sunday, April 01, 2007

Heartfelt Thanks!


I would like to send out a public thank you to Mimi (my sister, Alicia) for the huge bins of clothes she gave us for Caleigh on Saturday. She doesn't know it, but she was a gigantic answer to prayer this weekend.

I've noticed lately that the girls have been outgrowing their clothes ~~ particularly Caleigh. On the first nice day of this spring season, I immediately got Caleigh ready to go outside to play. When I put her sweatshirt on, the sleeves were up to her elbows & most of her shirt was sticking out the bottom!! The next day, I grabbed a short~sleeved shirt for her to wear & it was more like a belly shirt!!!! So on Friday night, I headed up to the attic to get out the bins of the next size of clothing for each girl. Pey~Pey's were easy to find & there was tons of stuff for her. But I couldn't find anything for Caleigh. Now, I could have sworn that I had picked up all the 2T & 3T clothing from my sister already, but I couldn't find anything for spring or summer. Nothing!!!

I headed downstairs & told Jason what I had discovered. We have committed to not charging anything to the credit card, so we gathered our cash together (including the birthday money his parents had given him). Trust me, it didn't amount to much. But I was planning on heading over to Goodwill to see how far it would get me. Something (God) compelled me to call my sister. I said, "I hate to assume, but did I pick up all the clothes you had for Caleigh or did you have more for us that Lauryn has outgrown?" To which she said, "Yeah, I have 2 bins full of stuff for you!" Praise the Lord!!!!!!

I picked the bins up on Saturday morning & was blown away by what I found . . . dresses, sweatshirts, lightweight jackets, pants, jeans, long & short~sleeved shirts, shorts, long & short~sleeved jammies, bathing suits, shoes . . . everything & anything we needed!! And some things still had tags!!!! It felt like Christmas!!

So, Mimi, thank you so much for everything. You will never know how much it was appreciated . . . and enjoy the picture of Caleigh in one of her "new" outfits!!

1 comment:

Heather Rose said...

Praise Jehovah Jirah: Our Lord Our Provider!