Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!!!

I do realize that this blog is being posted 2 days after the fact, but I still hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I know our family certainly did.

The festivities began on Thursday evening with our Maundy Thursday worship service. We had an amazing service of remembering Jesus' last night with His disciples where He commanded them to love one another & to wash one another's feet. We then shared a special time of communion & washing each other's feet.

On Good Friday, Jason & I decided to babysit some of our favorite kiddos so that mom & dad could go & enjoy the Good Friday service together . . . in peace. Once everything died down for the evening, we settled in & watched "The Passion." Rough stuff ~~ this was my 5th time seeing it & it doesn't get any easier.

Saturday was a busy day (I'll fill in those details in a moment ~~ let's just say it involved paint brushes & carpeting).

Sunday morning was an awesome celebration at our church! This is our 2nd Easter at our church & I just love it!! It truly is the happiest morning of the year! The worship was so hyped up!!!!! The girls looked gorgeous in their Easter duds (courtesy of Nana). After church we headed over to MomMom & PopPop's for lunch, Easter egg hunts, & games. Good times!!!!

As for your weekly Evangelical update ~~ no new news yet. I think Jason's going to call tomorrow to make sure the committee isn't waiting on any missing piece of information.

However, the realtor was here on Wednesday. Things went very well, but we do have a few minor home repairs to do & he would like us to have them done in the next 2 weeks. Yes, I said 2 weeks!!!!!!! We need to repaint the bathroom & put up all new curtains, repaint the livingroom-diningroom-hallway area, repaint the kitchen, get rid of some furniture, & carpet the diningroom . . . in 2 WEEKS!!!! It is quite the undertaking, especially with Jason working full 8-hour days & me having children underfoot all day! So we've divided up all the work & have come up with a semi-manageable game plan. Saturday was devoted to the bathroom & I am happy to report that it is DONE!!!!!!! We were even able to purchase some carpeting at Ollies (ours is going out of business, so we got it for a steal!). We've been right on schedule with the renovations so far, so pray that that continues! Tonight we are edging the livingroom-diningroom-hallway, (as soon as the hubby gets home with the carpeting we bought at Ollies . . . good stuff cheap!!!!) so I'm off to put on my painting clothes!!!!!

No comments: