Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Holidays Are Upon Us

It's the most wonderful time of the year . . .

And it's finally here!! I would like to be able to say that my overly-organized self has all my Christmas gifts picked out, purchased, wrapped, & sitting under my perfectly-decorated tree. But life is bound & determined to teach me to go with the flow (no matter how much I may resist). Besides, the only thing I love more than being organized is the hustle & bustle of the holiday season. I love to be out amongst the crowds, sipping mocha cappuccino, listening to Christmas music, looking for that perfect gift for that special someone.

Truth be told, this year is a bit out of the ordinary for us. Being our first year at seminary, we are still getting used to all the new demands on our time. Jason has not had the luxury of shopping, decorating, or baking with his girls. Now if Christmas cheer consisted of paper-writing, theological journal-reading, or visits to the library, he would be Kris Kringle himself! But we are learning to grab ahold of special moments when they happen to come along . . . to heck with the best laid plans.

So our Christmas tree, which always goes up the day after Thanksgiving, is not gracing our livingroom as of yet, but hopefully it will tonight after the girls go to bed. We may not have the traditional marathon session of decorating the tree, but throughout the course of the week, we should manage to get it done.

As for my shopping, most of it is done. At least the gifts that are non-negotiable, must-haves. Nothing is wrapped yet, but I'm sure it will be done before Christmas morning. Maybe Christmas Eve, but better late than never!

But in the meantime, we are on the countdown . . . 11 more days before Jason's first semester of seminary is over!!! He has lots of projects & papers due this week & finals the week after that. We are bracing ourselves for one big push through to the end & then CELEBRATION!! I already have a babysitter lined up for the night of Jason's last final. :)

But, until he is free to celebrate with us, we will continue to play our Christmas music in the kitchen, make our Christmas cookies for Daddy, & decorate that tree, one ornament at a time.

Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

Heather Rose said...

My favorite seminary wifey!
how I long to be home in pa where i could come to your humble aboad and relax with you while we are chuckling about the latest thing one of the girls has done!
soon oh sooooo soon!!
Love you muchly!
Heather Bee